VELOX Media is seeking an SEO Content Writer to join our fantastic team! This position is located in the heart of Downtown Boise Idaho. The SEO Content Writer will research and write content that helps influence the brand's perception and educate customers.
The ideal candidate should be a strategic thinker, creative problem solver and have a background in writing for all types of verticals. You'll have the opportunity to help build our content efforts from the ground up. The SEO Writer will be the right mix of customer-centric content writing, editing, SEO know-how, and creativity.
To get an interview for this position, you must be:
• A motivated, results-oriented team player who can successfully collaborate with multiple personality types and communicate with all levels of the organization cross-functionally.
• A self-starter who can think critically, multi-task, and keep up in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to convey compelling messages and transform complex concepts into clear communications.
This is a full-time in-house position at our office in Boise, Idaho.
SEO Content Writer Responsibilities:
- Write strong short-form content and product descriptions working from a concept and execute strategically sound, creative ideas.
- Create work that persuasively communicates marketing objectives to the end customer.
- Understand how to speak brand and marketing. We want someone who sees the bigger picture and helps others see it too.
- Brainstorm with the content team to generate ideas and creative concepts.
- Articulate and sell your work.
- Consistently deliver quality work on time.
SEO Content Writer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in writing
- 3 years of writing experience working with short-form content for the web. Experience working in a marketing or advertising setting.
- 2 years of experience writing SEO optimized content preferred.
- A clear understanding of tone and the ability to quickly adapt your writing style.
- An understanding of the importance of creative strategy, how to use it to create powerful work, and the ability to clearly present it to others for buy-in.
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Copywriting portfolio submitted with resume. The diversity of work is key. Produced content, editorial clips as well as some marketing/advertising work. Portfolio demonstrates industry and conceptual diversity, and examples should be from various channels and represent different types of marketing, from awareness to direct. Work should show evidence of "thinking outside the box" while achieving business goals.
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Casual dress and frequent team building events
- Health Insurance & 401k Match
- Flexible Vacation (PTO)
- Gym Reimbursement
- Kombucha On Tap!
What's our culture like?
We’re kind of like one big (or small depending on where you’re from) family. We like to work hard and have fun. We’re serious about getting it right and have a lot of laughs along the way. Accountability is huge for us because the buck stops here. We don’t make excuses. We’re persistent and persuasive, thrive on strategy and "always striving for greatness" is the name of our game.